Saturday 11 May 2013

Spire = Cacti

 










I chose the word spire to begin my project which eventually lead me to spikes, needles and the cactus which I ultimately chose to base my skirt design on.
I then began to look at spikiness in other artists works such as this sculptural feature by Thomas Heatherwick
 



This Jessica Flynn piece comprises of toy soldiers protruding from a wall on the horizontal.

The ceramicist Ikuko Iwamuto created these little pots with spiky sections.
 
 




Incredible ceramic pieces by Marie Rouillon.
 
Sweet Chestnut by Roy Wright
 
 
 
My shower Curtain is a green warrior by Elizabeth Buecher... she was inspired by global warming and water conservation. The user is allowed 4 minutes of water and the inflatable spikes will remain flat however once those 4 minutes are up the  spikes rise and the person is forced from the shower, conserving water.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment