Friday 12 October 2012

A healthy Snack of Toast and Masking Tape

Grove, 12/10/12, 15:21

























My roommate suggested the idea of using print to represent conversations and how they get so easily jumbled up, I want to talk to Des about maybe doing a simple print piece in either different colours or varying shades of black, white and grey.

Elaine suggested the same idea only by printing onto acetate, and by using sticky pads to raise up each acetate sheet it could give it an interesting 3d effect.

Another concept Elaine suggested was to look into how fonts represent conversation, do capital letters suggest shouting? if you gradually increase the size of the font does it give it a questioning air? can dialects be represented?
















Grove, 00:36, 12/10/12
Just a continuation of the last page looking into the different things a font can represent.



















Grove, 00:52, 12/10/12
I listened back to some of the conversations I recorded and jotted down some of the phrases from them, I wanted to look at how I could illustrate those conversations in a way that reflected their subject matter.























One of the transcripts was:
-If you were masking tape where would you live?-Shop-Do I have any in my bag?-No cause I don't do like any drawing here...
Hence the idea of masking tape that reads "if you were masking tape where would you live" and a bag that says "Do I have any in my bag?"

Grove, 12/10/12, 01:13
This piece was inspired by this snippet I picked up from one of the recordings:

-My toast was really dry this morning
-I know toast is generally dry but you see I toasted it and then I went to the bathroom so I toasted it again just to warm it...

The cardboard cut out is the stencil I used for the toast.








Just a quick tester piece.















 
Gives a whole new meaning to 'eat your words' ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment