Wednesday 3 October 2012

Nickson, Watergate and Wire

Grove, 3/10/12, 18:45


































As I edited my recordings I stumbled onto a recording of Nickson's Watergate tapes, definitely one of the most famous recordings of conversations.

I jotted down some of the conversations and then played around with how to represent them visually.

Here's a section of the Watergate tapes in which Nickson discusses black and Jewish people, be wary though there is some fairly sensitive subject matter in there.



As you can see from my notebook I was looking into using wire to visually represent Nickson's tapes, the idea is to outline just the tops of the letters so the words carry on in a continuous line and are somewhat hidden, much like the disguise of Nickson's tapes.


A piece of wire twisted around cardboard cut out of the words "Uh Uh Whore" taken directly from the transcripts of Nixon's tapes. 

19:02, Grove, 3/10/12

13:43, Grove, 4/10/12












No comments:

Post a Comment