Thursday 13 September 2012

Started my notebook for the Sense My Space project.


 Page one of my notebook., 13/9/12, Grove, 1:41 am

Got back from movie night and the insomnia kicked in, just as well since I get most of my work done at night anyway. So I stayed up and started in on my notebook for the Sense My Space project. By this point I had a good few ideas milling around, about 8 vague-ish ones and 4 I could see myself actually using.






My Mind Map: 13/9/12, Grove, 2:24 am

So I started with the basics and threw down a brainstorm, exploring some of the directions I want to go in.
I numbered all the concepts too so Ill just give you a brief run through of them. 

  1. Spaces in Conversation - Basically looking at awkward pauses, cluttering, silence, sound, gaps, reduction, typography.
  2. Dropped stitches - Spaces in thread, cloth etc, finger-shaped holes, constucting clothes from dropped stitches.
  3. How Perspective Changes a Space - photograph a space from my perspective, then from 360 degree panoramic view, reduction, altering famous art, taking away perspective from Da Vinci's Last Supper.
  4. How a Picture/Image/2d visual fits its space - scale, overlapping, widening, enlarging, shrinking
  5. Padded Cell- How do the senses change an enclosed space. If you're trapped in a space does the space change? do the senses change a space - a bad smell, ugly sight, hunger etc.
  6. My Space - urban vs rural, Limerick vs Carlow, taking parts of carlow town or countryside ad placing them in limerick and vice versa.
  7. Cluttering in video - is an image changed by the process of cluttering or reduction even if the end product is the exact same as the original image you began with.
Before I went to bed I took a few photos of my immediate space, where I'd been working for the night, which was the coffee table in my new sitting room, it means I cant use the internet while I work but I just hate the chair in my bedroom.




And as you can see I has a cup of tea to keep me going, which doesn't help with the insomnia but is definitely good for my motivation.


Finally this is a 360  degree panoramic shot of my workspace for that night, sort of jumping head first into the  number 3 idea., I don't know though if it formats properly for an online blog.

Well that's all for my first day on the job :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment