Monday 24 September 2012

My Studio Space and The Influence of Reggae





11:17am, Studio 12, 24/09/12

Another look at my personal spaces.


My Space in Studio 12
My Wall



 So basically the day of the reggae concert I listened to reggae for the first time in the courtyard and then stayed late in the studio, the music was coming in through the windows so I used that and my memories from earlier that day along with a few short recordings of conversations from the courtyard to allow me to reshape the scene on paper from memory. It's interesting to look back and see the things I know were there but can't visualize well enough in my head to execute. Look at the people in the background, I know they were there and how they sat but not their features or clothes,  and allowances have to be made for time, how much of what I drew was all from one moment or a series of snippets from all different times collected into one.


A chalk drawing done while in the studio listening to the reggae music, in this case I allowed for less realism and for greater freedom when using the chalk, I just used basic strokes and curves allowing the music and sounds to influence the marks I made and the use of black vs white.







No comments:

Post a Comment